I felt the need to start new. Sometimes you need a whole new setting to move forward and get back in the game. If it doesn't work...well at least this blog is pretty, haha. I'll keep the old one up for awhile, but if you're a follower from that blog please refollow this one. I'm going to repost some stuff from the old one, but not everything. Just the really good bits :)

I'm enjoying a bit of chocolate and caffeine and listening to some let's play series on YouTube. I'm actually working on bringing back my health without shocking my body. My mom quit smoking a few years ago cold turkey and while I admire the gutsy move...not exactly for me. I tried quitting caffeine cold turkey last week and was sick for a few days. It hit me just a little too hard, so gradual cut-off it is. Cutting caffeine is brutal, but I managed to cut my consumption down by half so far. I'm going to dice up some veggies tonight for snack/lunch tomorrow, and one of those ginormous pomegranates in the fridge for breakfast. I'm sure that'll help, veggies helped me bypass a cold. They did stuff cortisone medicines weren't doing. Next time you get a cold, forget the vitamins and medicines. Stock up on your veggies.

I read an article (don't remember where, because my memory is great like that but I'm sure I'll find it again) that was titled something like "2012 - The Year of No Excuses" and it stuck with me. I really like the idea. There's no reason to put up excuses in your way of the things you really want most, no matter what it is. The excuses may not even be directly related to it, but still contribute to preventing you from achieving it. So this year, year of 2012, No Excuses. And no giving up, because only then do you really lose. My 2011 was full of a lot of failed attempts at various things, but I knew if I gave up trying I wouldn't get anywhere. There were some successes though too, which I'll all save for another entry, but I know I wouldn't have had those either if I had given up. So no excuses, and no giving up!

Maybe I'll do a year recap entry sometime...