No Review Monday, I wasn't able to dig out any books in time.  I have started a new one, Stephen Deas' debut novel The Adamantine Palace.  I have at least a bookshelf's worth of books that I've yet to read, no better time than now to get on reading those.  Review Monday will be up next Monday, this is an amazing book.

What an icky day.  Ever since we finally got that big snowfall that lasted a few days, we've been going through cycles of snow, melt, mild weather, cold weather, and snow again.  Yesterday and today has made the biggest mess of it though.  It was cold all last week and weekend, then overnight between Sunday and Monday it snowed.  It didn't even last the day as it was slushy by Monday afternoon with the temperature already climbing some.  Today we've had rain almost constantly all day.  My backyard has become a swamp!  Dalila can't even use it really to do much of anything, and she hates the rain so getting her outside is already a challenge.  Such a mess.  Of course the last big melt made a mess as well.  When we went to report the accident a couple weeks ago there was a young man also reporting an incident.  It turned out he hit a flooded road at night and didn't find out just how deep the flood was until he was stuck in it, and the flow carried him into a tree.  He was fine thankfully, but his car was considered 'totaled'.  As in no point trying to save it.  Hopefully there's been no repeats, because I'm sure all those hotspots are flooded right now.  There's quite a dozen around here.  Some good news, Mom's car has been fixed now.  Total damage amounted to $3000.  Apparently there was more than just the external damage.  Insurance paid most of that, but a hefty price tag.  I still think those deer had been spooked by something in the trees, dashing out into the road at night (one they're familiar with, by the way, and aware of the traffic) is just not something deer commonly do.  Not like that.

Anyway, I decided to spend the night up in my office, finally putting it into order.  I've been avoiding it, admittedly because all these boxes and disarray seemed so daunting but the only way that'll disappear is to tackle it.  So here I am.  I feel like crap up here though.  This overhead light is way too bright, and coupled with the modem/router...great unpleasantness.  I can't wait to get all my candles out and lamps and turn the overhead light off.  One thing I can't stand is too much light, even at night.  Goodness it's such a mess here.  Time to buck down and get to sorting this stuff out.

One day, I'll have an office that looks like this