Well first thing's first, I finally have a move date.  Next week!  I'm quite excited, I'll have my own computer space again instead of being tucked into a corner between a t.v. and the kitchen.  I hate using excuses with a passion however I do think it affected my writing.  I'll fix that in the new place.  It's nice not to have to look for places anymore and knowing the whole chaos of having furniture and boxes piled up all over the place won't last much longer.  And a backyard, there'll be a real backyard!  My inner gardener is so happy you have no idea, I miss having plants so much.  A few flower boxes just isn't doing it for me (plus this heat killed off all my pansies).  I'll probably take some pictures once we're all settled in.  I have plans for this new space.

So my "dates" haha.  Well I went back to Chasing Dreams.  I was six and some chapters into it before I dropped off, now I'm back with it.  I love this story, I want it to see the light of day and if that's ever going to happen I had to get over a few things for that to happen.  The biggest of those things was posting samples up for critique.  That's such a huge fear for any writer I think when they start taking those first serious steps to publishing.  You want the constructive criticism, you want those opportunities to develop your shell but at the same time you don't want to hear your story absolutely stinks beyond any sort of redemption.  Not so much the technical aspects, which can be fixed with time and practice, but the very idea itself.  I'm sure there are some writers out there who don't have that fear or were able to easily get past it, but it was difficult for me.  There's only one thing for it though; deep breath and face the music.  Gather your bravery and set forth.  So I did - and was pleasantly surprised!  The overall verdict is that I have a great deal of work to go, however I was given a lot of good ideas of how I can restart the first chapter and get more action going and the critiques were helpful.  No ripping apart of the story itself, one person even said the writing was good.  Everyone likes to think they can tell a good story but when a random person online who has no reason to butter you up compliments your writing it's a nice feeling.  So the rewrite continues, it's still not polished but (to me at least) it's starting to read a little better.  I'm using it as a chance to attempt at more showing and less telling but without going right into editing mode.  Getting the story out is top priority, however I've also been looking up resources for when I get a whole draft finished.  There's much reading to be done for me.

Speaking of reading, I borrowed a copy of "50 Shades" for a date with Christian Grey.  Which probably sounds weird to people who know me because I actually don't like what I've heard and read of these books.  It isn't the so-called BDSM and sex, I've read fanfics and original novels with more sex than "50 Shades" has.  For one, you can't really have an opinion about something you haven't actually read/watched/listened to.  Two, I want to see for myself just what it is about Christian Grey that others are swooning over.  What I've read has honestly creeped me out, but I've promised myself to give it a fair shot before coming to a final thought about it.  Though honestly, not entirely looking forward to this.