Or maybe I should call it the Tea House, since it smells like one!

Went out with my mom Friday night for some shopping and dinner.  I picked up all sorts of goodies which I can't keep (they're for my swap buddies) and dinner was...well ended up kind of being an achievement for me more than anything.  Anxiety made it very difficult for me to go out that I just got into a habit of avoiding doing something like go out to dinner.  We don't often get the chance to do this as it is, and mom and I had a lot of fun.  It was worth the jitters.  Right now my desk is a mess of goodies all strewn about - padded envelopes, pens, glitter, lots of teas.  And a snack called Dragon's Lair for my swap buddy.  I seriously can't stop smelling the loose teas - they're so fruity and sweet!  I almost want to replace the rose potpourii on my desk with loose leaf tea, but I love the rose too much.  I hope my swap partners enjoy them; I know I'm definitely going back for some for my own personal stash.  I can't wait to see what they send me!

Goodness this desk is such a mess...

NaNo is almost here.  I still have so much planning to do, and still much catching up to do on my pre-NaNo story.  How time flies.  No word yet on where we're having our Kick-Off this year, or our "official" write-ins but I know I'm going to hit up the Starbuck's a lot this November.  And the Second Cup down the road - I miss that place so much.  I used to go to the one in the west end all the time in high school, it has such a great vibe.  Nice and warm, good music and wonderful hot chocolate.  And with Tim Horton's now having wi-fi I'm certainly not going to be at a loss for writing locations throughout the month.  I need to get out of this house more.  My brain is itching to work on this story.  It seems the closer we get to the start of November the more the more scenes flash in my brain, dialogue I can't write out yet.  It's ten more days, right?  Think all this great dialogue will stick around that long?  I stand hopeful - or sit, rather.

I'm off to be crafty for a little bit before bed, later today the Mum Show!  Pics of that to come soon hopefully.